Accessibility statement for Explaining Human Culture
Human Relations Area Files strives to offer Explaining Human Culture (EHC) as an accessible resource for all of our users. We aim to follow coding practices that cooperate with assistive technology and to accommodate those with disabilities. Our goal is to meet the guidelines of the WCAG 2.1 (Level AA) and the U.S. accessibility guidelines of Section 508. We make a good faith effort to reevaluate our products annually and update our compliance documentation. We understand that there may be areas that are not fully conformant. Our remediation plan identifies those areas and provides a timetable for conformance. In the event of further issues please see our accessible specific support.
The following features help make our sites accessible
- Landmarks allow for easy navigation within pages.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) coding standards.
- Contrast levels and the ability to resize text.
- Proper Headings and titles to denote beginnings of content sections
- Keyboard only use of our application.
Download compliance documentation
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) Updated 28 April 2021
- Conformance and Remediation Form Updated 28 April 2021
Accessibility Specific Support
In the event of difficulties with any part of our database we will attempt to offer acceptable remediation. Please contact us using one of the following methods and provide a summary of the issue you have encountered.