As part of our philanthropic outreach efforts, the Human Relations Area Files (HRAF) at Yale University is offering the HRAF Global Scholarship program which has been established with the goal of expanding access to eHRAF World Cultures and eHRAF Archaeology for scholars around the world.
This year we are pleased to announce two scholarship categories:
- Institutional scholarships are for educational institutions and research organizations in low-income or middle-income countries, as defined by the World Bank. The institution must be eligible for our special country dues category.
- Scholarship applications will be accepted from faculty and staff formally affiliated with these institutions.
- Please note that an official from your institution will need to sign an agreement to authorize participation in the institutional scholarship program.
- To apply, please write specifically about how you and your colleagues would use eHRAF in teaching and/or research should you receive a scholarship for your institution. (maximum one page)
- Individual scholarships are for graduate students in master’s degree or doctoral level programs in low-income or middle-income countries, as defined by the World Bank.
- Scholarship applications will be accepted from graduate students formally affiliated with these institutions.
- Please note that proof of enrollment (unofficial transcript, registrar letter, etc.) will be required to authorize participation in the individual scholarship program.
- To apply, please write specifically about your graduate studies and how you would use eHRAF in your research should you receive a scholarship. (maximum one page)
HRAF will provide personalized help to researchers, librarians, faculty, and students using eHRAF throughout the scholarship year. Should further access be desired, institution and individuals will be eligible for membership in our lowest dues categories.
The application deadline is December 1, 2019.
Here is the link to apply: https://hraf.yale.edu/global-scholarship-application/
Do you know an institution or individual who would make a great candidate? Please share this post with any potential applicants.
If you would like to submit a nomination for a scholarship, please contact Matthew Longcore, Manager of Outreach and Member Services, at email@example.com.