Advanced Search in eHRAF is different from other search styles you may be used to. Click on the following eHRAF search examples to see how searching in eHRAF can work for you.
eHRAF World Cultures
- Hunting Whales with Weapons
- Traditional Rice Cultivation in the Philippines
- Community Life in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan
- Maasai and Ear Piercing and Other Body Modifications
- Searching Ethnographies for Information on Dwellings, House Structures, Tipis, Igloos, etc.
- A Cross-Cultural Search for Children’s Activities
- A Cross-Cultural Search for Shamanism
- Reindeer for Milk Production
- Cooperative Labor in Farming: Comparing Eastern to Western Societies
- Tibetan Medical Treatments
- Traditional Cereal Agriculture in China
- Gender Roles in a Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Shell Middens in Eastern Woodland Traditions in eHRAF Archaeology
- Aztec Dog Burials in eHRAF Archaeology
- Practical Guide to Using eHRAF
- eHRAF Search Examples & Methodology: Hands-on practice using eHRAF with examples for ethnographic research and comparative archaeology.
- Basic Guide to Cross-Cultural Research: A guide that takes you through the basic steps of a cross-cultural study using the HRAF Collection of Ethnography (paper or microfiche) or the online version (eHRAF World Cultures)
- Webinars, Services & Support
- Video Tutorials: Short YouTube tutorials that show how eHRAF World Cultures & eHRAF Archaeology work
- Teaching eHRAF:30+ online student exercises for anthropology, archaeology, medical anthropology, and research methods classes
- Outline of Cultural Materials (OCM) Subjects: Topics covered in HRAF’s online cross-cultural databases.
- Cultures Covered in eHRAF World Cultures
- Traditions Covered in eHRAF Archaeology
- Printable PDF: Serves as handy reference and overview of all the OCM subjects on cultural and social life, and all cultures, past and present, currently covered in HRAF’s cross-cultural online databases. Last update: April 5, 2014. Please check for regular updates.