Are you attending the joint meeting of the American Anthropological Association (AAA) and Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) in Vancouver, BC, from November 20-24 2019? HRAF looks forward to seeing you there!
President Carol R. Ember and HRAF anthropologists Teferi Abate Adem and Ian Skoggard will be presenting papers at this year’s conference. Their presentations are listed below.
Matthew Longcore, Manager of Outreach and Member Services, will be exhibiting in Hall C, Vancouver Convention Center, Booth 224, to introduce you to our eHRAF databases and open access resources (Explaining Human Culture, Teaching eHRAF, and Introducing Cross-Cultural Research). Come visit us! Don’t forget to ask about our new Community College Initiative and Global Scholarship Program. eHRAF mega-fans may even snag a sneak peek of something special that we’ve been working on…
Click on the presenter’s name to view the dates and times of their presentations on the CASCA/AAA website.
- Do Societies Faced with Resource Uncertainty Practice More Subsistence Diversification?
- Political Structural Dimensions of Warfare Frequency and Atrocities: An Eastern African Regional Comparison
- Return to Explanation in Anthropology: Is there a Future after Postmodernism?
- Predicting Beliefs of Godly Involvement with Weather from Climatic Variability
- Leadership, status and social change in biosocial perspective
- Society for Anthropological Sciences (SAS) Board Meeting & Business Meeting
Matthew Longcore will be available at Booth 224 in the Exhibition Hall during the following times:
- Thursday, November 21 – 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Friday, November 22 – 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday, November 23 – 9:00AM – 4:00PM
We look forward to seeing you there!