Advanced Search in eHRAF is different from other search styles you may be used to. In an eHRAF Advanced Search you can use the “ADD” functions to select HRAF-specific cultures and topics (OCM subject). Click eHRAF Advanced Search for strategies and tips, and how to refine a search by regions (e.g. Africa), cultures by subsistence types (e.g. hunter-gatherers, pastoralists, etc.) and by sample (e.g. PSF, SRS, SCCS) types.
Click on the following eHRAF search examples to see how searching in eHRAF can work for you.
eHRAF World Cultures
- Hunting Whales with Weapons
- Traditional Rice Cultivation in the Philippines
- Community Life in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan
- Maasai and Ear Piercing and Other Body Modifications
- Searching Ethnographies for Information on Dwellings, House Structures, Tipis, Igloos, etc.
- A Cross-Cultural Search for Children’s Activities
- A Cross-Cultural Search for Shamanism
- Reindeer for Milk Production
- Cooperative Labor in Farming: Comparing Eastern to Western Societies
- Tibetan Medical Treatments
- Traditional Cereal Agriculture in China
- Gender Roles in a Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Shell Middens in Eastern Woodland Traditions in eHRAF Archaeology
- Aztec Dog Burials in eHRAF Archaeology